With the world expanding its reliance on technology, having students adept at working with computers and the skills that go along with that is crucial; memorizing information isn't as important anymore as is the ability to research, analyze, and summarize information found online.
Sample resources I’ve used include:
- Various online research projects and training students how to research information
- Kahoot! an online quiz game to engage and test accountability of students
- Using iMovie and Pinnacle studio to have students develop videos to express their knowledge
- Using food tracking apps such as MyPlate to teach kids about proper nutrition
- Interactive online lessons using Nearpod
- Incorporated online math games to teach concepts in alluring ways
- Manipulative local Foodwebs in ExplainEverything
- Extensive use of Schoology as an online marking book and resource bin to keep track of all my students’ progress.